Tuesday, February 1, 2011

California Gift Show - Los Angeles

Well, we've been back from the CA Gift Show for about a week. As much as I love doing trade shows and meeting my customers and other vendors, I didn't love this show.
I'm not going to bash the trade show, but I will say, the traffic was the worst I've ever seen at a show. And those who did stop by wanted to buy samples off the displays and not place orders. I think this has a lot to do with the cash and carry aspect of the show. People who aren't even legitimate buyers get into the show, go to cash and carry, then walk through the rest of the show, thinking they can buy the same way. This isn't good for the vendors. 
Even when a show is bad, I try to tell myself, it only takes one customer to make a show worth doing, and may even pay the expenses of the show. I wanted 10 new accounts out of the show, but I didn't quite make my goal. But I did get that one account that made the show worth the cost. This is a great account with long term potential WAY into the future. Really looking forward to a fantastic 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment